Monday, November 21, 2016

Prince Honored at AMA 2016

Photo Credit: Kristinna M. Brooks
I don't remember but my mom always tells me this story, at the age no less 3 I was in a walker in Germany were I was born, she played a movie called "Purple Rain", now back then I had no clue what affect it would have on me now, but I was mesmerized by the man they called "Prince". Drawn to the fact that he was a great musician, singer, composer, producer, and all around amazing icon, I could never get enough as I got older.

It's been over 7 months since the icon has passed and last night the American Music Awards paid a great tribute and honoring him with the Top Soundtrack Award for "Purple Rain" that was released back in 1984 which was accepted by his sister Tyka Nelson.


What some people don't know is Prince defied all odds. 
A black teen from Minneapolis he wanted to shock the world. He had a vision, and God-given talent, he is still one of the world's most respected and loved artists. Prince, if you didn't know has 984 titles to credit and counting, with over 20 albums under his belt and endless music and unreleased tracks. He has collaborated with many artists all over and last night his sister Tyka quoted, "In the words of Prince, with love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases and we all become one being, singing one song."

No comments:

Post a Comment